HR ADVICE AND OUTSOURCING
SPECIALIST SOLUTIONS TO YOUR PEOPLE PROBLEMS OR HOW TO OUTSOURCE YOUR HR TO OUR EXPERTS
Finding it hard to stay on top of all the human resources and people needs in your business? Want to get back to running your business rather than constantly ‘putting out fires’ with people problems, and the myriad staffing issues that need to be properly resolved?
Human Resource Management assists an organisation to reach its business goals through the productive use of its human resources: utilising the skills, experience and attitudes of its staff.
Human Resource Management involves a complex but valuable balancing exercise, which requires HR managers to proactively plan ways to create an environment of competitive advantage for the organisation, whilst still meeting individual employee needs.
Some examples of daily Human Resource Management functions include:
- Recruitment and selection – identifying qualifications and attitudes that are required, and recruiting appropriately skilled people.
- Rewarding and recognising performance – instituting performance-based remuneration, salary packaging, and non-monetary rewards schemes.
- Assessing and reviewing conduct – managing education and training programs, monitoring performance and evaluating HR activities and outcomes.
- Monitoring employee welfare – recognising equal opportunity requirements, managing employee grievances and enforcement of mandatory OH&S and Equal Opportunity requirements.
WHY IS HRM SO IMPORTANT
Few things are more-costly to a business than employees who are unable to meet the requirements of their job, or who fail to adapt and grow with changing business standards and increasing global competition.
This costliness is often a result of HR professionals who fail to align HR objectives with their organisational business goals, and, therefore, are unable to maximise the return on their investment in employees.
Some of the risks of ineffective HRM include:
- Loss of efficiency, skills and knowledge due to poor recruitment
- Poor communication and customer service
- Higher staff turnover and absenteeism
- Higher incidence of disputes, accident rates, legislative breaches and illegal termination
- Poor community standing and loss of business
HOW WE HELP
We assist HR professionals and small businesses in the following areas of general or strategic HR management.
- employee engagement surveys/focus groups
- systems for measuring performance (including reward/recognition/incentive schemes)
- talent management/retention/workforce planning
- conflict resolution (including investigations, mediation, conflict resolution strategies)
- change management strategies and communication plans (including outplacement support)
- HR audits
- HR strategies and plans
- cultural transformation, diversity and well-being strategies (including gender reporting, healthy living and stress management)
- organisational development and effectiveness
- short term HR secondments/overflow project work
- HR generalist tasks (including mobility issues, privacy, job analysis, position descriptions)
- new management teams
- mergers, acquisitions and divestitures (from IR and HR perspectives)
- recruitment (although we are not a recruitment company, we can assist with recruitment panels, assessing candidate suitability, negotiating employment contracts, etc.)
IS IT TIME TO OUTSOURCE HR?
Lately, more and more businesses are making the choice to outsource. Outsourcing HR functions can reduce the burden and costs of performing administrative functions, and allow staff to focus instead on their core business functions and goals.
Could outsourcing be right for your company?
Businesses outsource their HR functions by hiring companies that are trained experts in HR to manage personnel functions. This can include administrative work and the management of people and business resources. Common HR functions that can be easily outsourced include:
- Recruitment – creating job designs, shortlisting candidates, preparing letters of offer and putting together employee induction protocols
- Compliance – providing legally compliant HR policies, letters and templates, contracts of employment, and other records
- Performance Management and Dismissals – conducting performance review meetings, managing underperformance, conducting independent workplace investigations and complaint handling
- Work Health and Safety – liaising with WorkSafe to conduct safety audits, identifying risks and establish procedures for improvement and prevention
- Training and Staff Development – coaching managers and leaders within organisations, and providing specific learning and development solutions for your staff
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF OUTSOURCING
Business costs can be reduced overtime if HR is outsourced for a number of reasons, including that HR issues can be managed proactively to prevent costly legal disputes. Further, outsourcing to a single provider can be cheaper than inevitably consulting various experts in different fields for advice.
Smaller companies will undoubtedly benefit from a reduced administrative workload, which will allow staff to be freed up to focus on core business functions and objectives. Notably, managers will also benefit from fewer supervision requirements.
HR companies already have the tools required to perform HR tasks, which saves employers from having to invest in resources setting up HR departments.
Outsourcing allows a company to have quick and easy access to a high level of HR work completed on demand, with a reduced chance of costly errors when performing important business functions.
Companies that specialise in HR work are more likely to be up-to-date with changes in legislation, and therefore can reduce risk by ensuring your business remains compliant with relevant regulations.
SHOULD MY COMPANY OUTSOURCE HR?
Outsourcing HR can be a worthwhile investment for small businesses, who will undoubtedly enjoy a reduction in their daily workloads if those nitty-gritty personnel functions were performed by HR experts.
However, it is important to carefully consider whether outsourcing is the right move for your business, as engaging a service provider to perform HR functions does carry some risks. In particular, it is important to find a company who offers the right mix of HR services for your business, as you don’t want to be paying for a service that provides minimum returns for your business.
HOW WE HELP
We can expertly and efficiently manage all of your HR work saving you time, resources and money. We seamlessly handle all the employment-related administration, personnel and compliance matters, while you retain complete control of your team’s for day-to-day operations.
Importantly, we will spend time on your site as part of our service to deal with issues face-to-face and align ourselves with your business priorities.
- Benefits of outsourcing your HR include:
- Quick and easy access to high-level expertise on demand
- Staff freed up to focus on core business
- Up-to-date practices and procedures
- Enhanced compliance and reduced risk
- Mentoring and support for your work teams
- Improved service delivery